Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's the Little Things

This afternoon, around 2:30pm, I was hit with a case of the "hummingbird metabolism" munchies. I considered the breakroom refridgerator, but opted to stay away from my fellow employees' edibles. I weighed my options and opted for the moral alternative.

After scrounging around the floormats of my car for a few pieces of US currency, I accumulated sixty cents, three guitar picks, and a couple of old french fries.

I contemplated the fries for a moment, then threw them onto the asphalt parking lot. Taking the remaining items to the lounge, I briefly reviewed the vending options.

Snickers? I always have Snickers.

Twizzlers? Gross.

T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins? I'd probably better.

I inserted the nickels and dimes and punched in the alpha-numeric digits. The metallic coil began to rotate and as I watched the foil packaging inch closer to me, I salivated at the thought of the artificial cheddar and bacon deiciousness. Then the package dropped.

I reached into the machine and was shocked to discover not one bag of potato-goodness, but TWO BAGS OF SPUD SKINS!

Today is going to be a good day.

It's the little things in life that make your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment